After finding out about chia seeds a few months ago, I’ve been adding them to almost everything I eat! I put them in my juice, I make pudding with them, and recently I’ve been adding some into my oatmeal. I was never a big fan of oatmeal, but since I’m trying to eat healthier, I decided to give it another try.
Oatmeal and chia seeds have many health benefits. Oatmeal contains a high source of soluble fiber, which makes it a heart-healthy food! Chia seeds are known as a super-food. It contains calcium, Omega-3, antioxidants, fiber, protein… the list is endless. These tiny seeds are pretty amazing. Anyway, I want to share with you guys this easy, delicious, and healthy breakfast that I’ve been loving!
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 – 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup milk
- brown sugar/honey/syrup (optional)
- Mix the oatmeal, chia seeds, and milk into a bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1.5 minutes or heat it up using a saucepan on a stove until the mixture slightly boils.
- Since the chia seeds take time to expand, let the oatmeal rest 1-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup to sweeten the oatmeal (optional).
- Top it off with some fruits and you’re done!
I’m so happy that I found something that’s so yummy and easy to whip up ’cause I’ve been skipping out on breakfast for the past few years (I know it’s bad). Hopefully you guys will enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
See ya next time!